The temperature has already started to fall as winter draws near. Denver has a wonderful winter with lots of sunny, crisp days, snow, and picturesque mountain views. Trying to stay out of the cold? We have you “covered”. Here is a list of creative indoor date ideas to take your special someone on this winter. For some additional ideas, check out our Cozy Fall Date Ideas in Denver.
Date Ideas for Winter in Denver
Ballroom Dance Lessons
If you haven’t tried ballroom dancing, it is a must! You will both be beginners (most likely) and learning something new together is a perfect icebreaker for people who are getting to know each other. You’ll both be dressed nicely for the occasion, so you’ll be putting your best foot (pun intended) forward.
Here are a couple of our favorite Denver locations:
Located at 300 Josephine St., this dance studio gets rave reviews about the experience and how great the instructors are in breaking down lessons into easy segments.
PRO Tip: Groupon also runs deals for $90 for two private lessons from 30 dances of your choice.
Private lessons are offered in 25 minute, 45 minute and 50 minute increments by appointment only.
Note that the address is different based on the day of the week:
Sundays, Mondays & Wednesdays
Denver: Denver Turnverein Dance & Cultural Center, 1570 Clarkson St.
North Denver: Zenergy Dancesport, 6830 N Broadway
Lakewood: TM Ballroom, 12354 W Alameda Pkwy
- Your first lesson is offered at $50 for 50 minutes.
- Contact Jennifer Corey (the owner) at email@example.com, or 720.318.1963.
Escape Room Experience
Navigating an escape room with your date is such a unique and thrilling experience, making great memories together and giving you plenty to talk about long after the date.
Denver has quite the variety of themed escape rooms… here are a couple of our favorites:
Located at 1529 Champa St., half a block from 16th Street Mall, EscapeWorks offers five different escape rooms with different themes: Spookeasy, Zombie Outbreak, Blackbeard’s Brig, Egyptian Tomb and Casino Heist, giving you plenty to choose from, regardless if you’re a pro or a newbie to the escape room world.
- You can book a private room for an hour at a cost of $150.
- The rooms do get booked up, so book online early as possible.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as all experiences are standing up.
Located at 2220 California Street, Escappology has seven different escape rooms to choose from: Antidote, Arizona Shootout, Budapest Express, Mansion Murder, Th3 Cod3, Under Pressure, Saving Santa.
All Escape rooms are 1 hour long and cost $34 per person.
They are open on Wed+Thu 2pm-9pm, Fridays 2pm-10pm, Saturdays 12pm-10pm and Sundays 12pm-7pm. You can reserve your escape room online.
- You’ll need to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the escape room game.
- They also have a restaurant and bar on-site which you can enjoy with your date.
Golf is a great way to alleviate some dating awkwardness. There’s always something to talk about, tasks to focus on and a game to play, taking the nerves down a notch and keeping things fun.
During the winter months we have found a couple of Denver venues offering indoor golf:
Located at 1201 18th St, in the LODO district, Urban Putt is an indoor 18 holes mini golf with a restaurant and bar… ideal for a fun date. On the weekends they are open until 1am and after 8pm they are a 21+ venue. Mini Golf is on a first come first serve basis.
- Mini Golf Pricing: Regular hours adults cost $14 for both courses, $8 for one course. Happy Hour (4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday) is $10 for both courses per person, (4pm to 6pm Tuesday through Friday).
- The restaurant requires a reservation and has a variety on offer on their menu.
Topgolf, is a high-tech game that golf players of all levels can enjoy. Once you settle into your climate-controlled bay, a host will help you set up your game and create profiles for each of you. The fun part is deciding which of the more than a dozen games to play first.
Food and beverage is served right to your bay and with two locations in Denver (Centennial and Thornton) you are spoilt for choice.
PRO Tip: You can make a reservation in advance online, or walk in at less busier times.
Private Cooking Class
Learn culinary skills together while staying warm inside. And who better to learn from than top Denver chefs. Here are a couple of the best cooking classes in Denver:
Located at 43 W 9th Ave, this school offers date night lessons and a wide choice of culinary types such as Sushi, Mediterranean, Italian, Braided bread, French, Caribbean, Thai and much more.
Previous participants rave about the food and great tuition.
- Prices run between $119- $125 per person.
- Most classes run 3.5 hours long.
- Check out their calendar to help you plan accordingly.
Located at 1033 N Downing St., but also offer in-home classes and even offer a three hour date night cooking class taught by a chef. There are seasonal menus to choose from, using local ingredients, at the comfort and warmth of your home. You’ll have a choice of menu to cook three dishes from: Spain, Italy, Thailand, Mexico, India, and France.
Cost is $265 per couple.
- Payment is required upfront and bookings can be made online.
- Let them know of any dietary restrictions in the booking form and they will accommodate accordingly.
Private Winery Tour and Tasting
Get the full experience of a winery by scheduling your own private tour. You and your date will take a short tour behind the scenes before being treated to a wine tasting.
Here are a couple of our favorite establishments to choose from:
Based at 400 E 7th Ave, Carboywinery offers a tour and wine tasting of five selected Carboy wines, hosted by their wine specialists.
- Price of tasting ($15 value) is waived if you join their wine club or with a 2-bottle purchase at time of tasting as a credit to your wine purchase.
- You will need to reserve your private tour in advance.
Situated at 2246 Larimer St., in Downtown Denver, Attimo Wine started by the owners of Snooze. Specializing in wines from Northern Italy, they offer tours and tasting room reservations for two. Appetizers are also provided with wine. The staff are knowledgeable about their wines and the wines are popular with visitors.
PRO Tip: Bookings are made online in advance.
Rent a Romantic Airbnb for a Night
Denver has many choices of romantic Airbnbs for rent. Here are a couple unique ones we found:
Stay at a tiny house only one mile from Downtown and feel cozy this winter with your special someone.
It’s been recently renovated, with unique and colorful decor and is right in the heart of Capitol Hill, steps away from great bars and restaurants.
- Offers city skyline view
- Free parking on premises
- Free wifi
At first one would think “A Treehouse… in winter?”, but wait until you see this… it’s like an actual apartment. A unique place and experience living in a treehouse covered with ivy with your own private balcony to a beautiful garden. Ideal for a couple looking for a unique romantic getaway.
- Street parking is free.
- Free wifi provided.
- Has heating.
Tea for Two
There are various establishments in Denver offering afternoon tea for two. A romantic, cozy and sophisticated date perfect for winter time. Who doesn’t love finger sandwiches and cakes with hot tea on a cold winter day? Here are a couple of the best:
Enjoy a luxurious experience at The Brown Palace, with their iconic Afternoon Tea, including handmade pastries, scones and tea sandwiches.
Sip tea topped with Devonshire cream, shipped directly from England while listening to the grand piano in their multi-story, stained-glass ceiling, atrium.
- Tea is served during the week from 12-4pm and on the weekends from 11-4pm.
- Price for their Signature Tea is $45 per person.
- Offer reduced day parking to $14 when validated.
- Their spa has amazing treatments if you want to upgrade this date to a Super Date 🙂
Considered by many as the best Tea Room in Denver, their afternoon tea service is an hour and a half long and includes a prix-fixe assortment of tea sandwiches, miniature scones (served with jam), homemade lemon curd, Devonshire Cream, Scottish shortbread, French macarons, and petit fours. With over 70 loose leaf tea varieties, this service also includes an unlimited choice of tea.
- Based at 2401 15th St., but note that the entrance is on Platte St.
- Price is $39 per person. They also have a gluten free/vegan choice for $42. You can specify dietary choice when making an online booking.