Cherry Creek was developed at the end of the 1940s, quickly becoming one of Denver’s first suburban neighborhoods. The walkable community encompasses hundreds of businesses, providing residents with easy access to work, art, dining, outdoor recreation, and luxury living. Whether you’re in the mood for a matcha latte, street tacos, a critically acclaimed restaurant experience, or a nightcap at a local bar, Cherry Creek has it all. The area sees over 15 million visitors a year, many drawn in by the area’s exclusive shopping options.
For those looking to either become new Colorado residents or simply make a move to a different area, Cherry Creek is a great place for young professionals to call home, retirees to enjoy their golden years, and young families looking to build community.
- Enjoy the Best Shopping Denver Has to Offer in Cherry Creek
Denver’s Cherry Creek North may be best described as the Rodeo Drive of Colorado. This 16-block segment of the neighborhood is a mecca for shopping and millions of visitors make their way to the retail stores and locally-owned boutiques such as Love Sara, A Line Boutique, and Inspyre Boutique.
The Cherry Creek Shopping Center features 160 stores, with over 40 being exclusive to the area. This is one of Denver’s largest shopping destinations and for good reason. For those who can’t wait to shop until they drop, Cherry Creek has endless shopping opportunities, such as:
- David Yurman
- Neiman Marcus
- Louis Vuitton
- Golden Goose
- Johnny Was
PRO Tip: Sign up for a free Express Park account, which allows you to go ticketless and download your pass to your Apple Wallet.
- Cherry Creek is One of Colorado’s Most Walkable Neighborhoods
Much of the area is easily walkable, garnering a walk score of 80. There are some public transportation options available for those wanting to avoid a car payment altogether. Many residents find themselves leaving their cars in the garage and opting for a bike to gain access to the radius that has almost everything you’d find yourself needing regularly. Not only has frequent outdoor walking been proven to boost both physical and mental health, but those living in Cherry Creek may also find themselves fostering social connections along their daily routes.
Pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods have been linked to a decrease in crime, as well as traffic-related incidents. The more people out walking heightens awareness and is believed to increase community engagement. Those coming from a vehicle-dependent neighborhood will notice the differences almost immediately.
- The Area Boasts a Wide Array of Luxury Amenities
When making the move to Cherry Creek, it’s important to understand that not only are you paying for a beautiful house in a central location, but you’re also investing in the surrounding amenities that keep the neighborhood so desirable. Art galleries, spa facilities, and high-end boutique hotels abound in the area.
- Show of Hands — Discover new local artisans at this female-owned gallery; voted the “Best Shop in Cherry Creek North” in 2021.
- Hand & Stone Massage — Treat yourself to a Swedish Massage or a hot stone massage, both citing revitalizing and restorative benefits.
- Pure Barre — Jump into this total body workout that’s both low impact and high intensity and designed to improve strength and flexibility through a combination of ballet, pilates, and weights.
- Hydrate IV Bar — Try the Health and Wellness cocktail, which is full of vitamin C, B-complex, and magnesium.
- Relévant Galleries — Patronize one of the newest fine art galleries in the area, showcasing both local and internationally known artists.
- Rumble Boxing — Experience a 10-round, 45-minute boxing session that both strengthens and conditions.
- SoulCycle — Hit up an indoor cycling class on your lunch break, designed to inspire your soul and engage your body.
In the age of remote work, having workout, spa, and dining options right outside your door is an unmatched convenience. You can leave your desk at lunch and be back in time for the next Zoom meeting after getting a quick cycling session in and grabbing a bite to eat from your favorite spot on the corner. End your day with innovative treatments, such as float sessions and cryotherapy.
- Dining Options Abound from 5-Star Restaurants to Neighborhood Lunch Dives
Cherry Creek offers more than 50 restaurants to choose from, which are sure to excite a range of palates. Dining spans from casual eateries to chic sit-down meals fit for an anniversary celebration. The bustling neighborhood combines tastes from New Orleans, Italy, Japan, and even Latin America. Whether you’re looking for a craft cocktail after a long day putting out fires at work or a comfort meal to fight off a cold winter evening, the bustling neighborhood has it all.
Foodies eager to try all that Cherry Creek has to offer should check out some of the staples in the area.
- Quality Italian — A transplant from New York, this restaurant offers filet meatballs and a brunch service with bottomless Bellini cocktails and Bloody Marys.
- Toro — Located inside Hotel Clio, this restaurant features Latin cuisine as well as a popular ceviche bar.
- The Cherry Cricket — This spot has been a neighborhood staple since 1945 and is widely considered to be the best burger in town.
- Blue Island Oyster Bar — When you have a craving for seafood or fresh oysters in the Denver area, this is the place to be.
- Machete Tequila + Tacos — Nothing beats tacos and margs for a midweek pick-me-up and Machete offers unique takes on the cuisine, such as squid ink tortillas and grilled lobster tacos.
- Forget Me Not — Those seeking a casual cocktail experience will love this lounge that offers inventive drinks, such as a Jimadors Blade (tequila, vodka, sherry, matcha coconut) or a Nobody’s Angel (earl gray gin, elderflower tonic, sweet lemon).
PRO Tip: Those who want to hone their home chef skills can head over to nearby Whole Foods to find fresh organic ingredients.
- Cherry Creek Area Schools Are Rated Highly
Those looking to raise a family in Cherry Creek are drawn to the excellent, well-funded Denver school system. Cherry Creek students thrive from the diversity of the students and faculty, as well as multiple highly accredited elementary, middle, and high school options.
The national academic recognition leaves parents confident that their child is ready to tackle not only college upon graduation but the real world. Many students graduating from schools within the Cherry Creek neighborhood cite being interested in attending Colorado State University and University of Colorado Boulder.
Through Denver’s implementation of “enrollment zones,” students have increased access to high-performing schools. Students can choose from a wide selection of Advanced Placement, honors, and IB courses. The low student-to-teacher ratio of 15:1 ensures that educators can provide the attention necessary to ensure each student has the opportunity to succeed. The district ensures access to sports, student organizations, art clubs, and many extracurriculars to challenge and keep students interconnected.
Some of the schools in the area include:
- Cory Elementary School
- Steck Elementary School
- Park Hill School
- DSST: Byers High School
- East High School
PRO Tip: DSST: Byers High School and East High School are ranked as the #10 and #11 top high schools in Colorado, respectively. Parents can choose the best fit for their child, with East seeing a student enrollment of over 2,500 and Byers coming in at under 570 students.
- Dog-Friendly Parks, Bike Paths, and Trail Systems
It’s no secret that spending time outdoors is an integral piece of the Colorado lifestyle. Even if you don’t know how to ski, snowboard, or rock climb, there are still many ways to stay active and take in the crisp fresh mountain air. Cherry Creek provides convenient proximity to several parks, golf courses, and bike paths.
Some favorites of the residents include:
- The Cherry Creek Trail — This 40-mile trail features some off-leash dog areas and is often cited as one of Metro Denver’s most coveted natural corridors.
- Cherry Creek Bike Path — This 22-mile paved path provides the perfect route for an early morning run or a post-lunch bike ride, connecting downtown Denver to several outlying neighborhoods.
- Cherry Creek State Park — The park encompasses 35 miles of unpaved trails, making it a hiker’s urban paradise and perfect for weekend camping adventures.
- Cherry Creek Golf Club — This 18-hole course has gently rolling hills and is suitable for all experience and skill levels.
Denver Botanic Gardens are a quick 2 miles outside of Cherry Creek and provide the perfect place to relax and take a leisurely stroll around the 23-acre property. The gardens specifically highlight the native flora and fauna that can be found within this region of the state. Make sure to visit the conservatory and take in the various art installations.
PRO Tip: Check out the live concerts held at the sunken amphitheater in the Denver Botanic Gardens during the summer months.
- Stable Real Estate Values With Low Turnover
Cherry Creek is one of Denver’s most affluent neighborhoods, seeing median household incomes of $118,886, well above the national average of $70,784. With its centralized location, Cherry Creek’s real estate prices reflect sought-after convenience and access to highly rated schools and a safe, clean urban living environment.
The higher price points on homes, especially within Cherry Creek North, allow the market to remain stable even during times of uncertainty within the market at large. The low turnover has a detrimental effect on property value appreciation, even compared to nearby Denver neighborhoods. However, a lower percentage rate on a larger sale price ends up equating to an equal, if not an increased, value.
Housing is split nearly evenly between owners and renters, with a slight edge to the latter. Many homes are custom-built, though there are a few options from renowned builders. It’s not difficult to find properties with luxurious touches, such as in-ground hot tubs, pools with a waterfall feature, and beautifully maintained landscaping.
Whether you’re searching for a luxury condo, a townhome, or a single-family house, Cherry Creek has a diverse selection that features architectural styles that break away from the cookie-cutter mold. This attractive living experience, as well as being surrounded by the mountains and views of downtown, are some of the many reasons Cherry Creek is one of Denver’s best neighborhoods to call home.
- Exciting Events Hosted Throughout the Year
There’s something to do in every season in Cherry Creek, such as premier food and arts festivals, and holiday celebrations. Residents always have fun activities to mark down on their calendars, enabling them to engage with neighbors and the tourists looking to see what Cherry Creek has to offer.
- Cherry Creek North Winter Wanderland — Running from mid-November to late December, this holiday destination event has nearly one million lights illuminating the streets.
- Denver Restaurant Week — The Cherry Creek Supper Club is one of the best ways to try bites from some of the most popular restaurants, including Narrative, Quality Italian, Toro, and Urban Egg.
- Smash Fine Arts Festival — Enjoy fine arts by national artists, as well as live music and catering. Upcoming dates include both spring and summer of 2023.
- Small Business Weekend — Cherry Creek doesn’t lack in small businesses, so those looking to support these spots will be excited to snag deals on one-of-a-kind products.
- Love, Cherry Creek North — Those looking for the perfect Valentine’s gift for their special someone won’t want to miss this annual celebration.
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival — Combining visual, performing, and culinary arts, the festival brings in over 250 artists from across the world and locally.
PRO Tip: Remember, even if you don’t live in Cherry Creek — the neighborhood still invites you to participate in these events.
Does Cherry Creek Sound Like the Right Fit for You?
Whether you’re eager to call Cherry Creek home or you’re still exploring options within nearby neighborhoods, such as Congress Park or Washington Park — we can help you find your community. Contact us today to embark on your new Denver adventure. Our team of RE/MAX Professionals is eager to help you find the perfect spot to call home.